Sub-title-1 | Sub-title-2 | Sub-title-3 | Sub-title-4

Become a Participating Contractor


Become a Participating Contractor

Are you a home improvement, HVAC, insulation or energy efficiency professional interested in helping your customers save energy and money through Energy Upgrade California® Home Upgrade? Complete the steps noted below to become a Participating Contractor and enjoy benefits including:

  • Listing on the customer Find a Contractor page of this website
  • Access to up to $3,000 per project in customer incentives
  • Quick turnaround on customer incentive checks
  • Ability to market yourself as a Home Upgrade Participating Contractor

Enrollment Process

1. Submit an interest form to have an account manager contact you, or contact an account manager directly at (877) 785-2237 or via email.

2. Complete the paperwork and program introduction with your account manager. Attend program overview (1 hour) and online portal training (30 minutes) with an account manager.

  • Sign and return the Contractor Participation Agreement, which confirms:
  • You have read the Contractor Manual and agree to follow program guidelines
  • You agree to schedule a mentoring session for your first the County of Los Angeles/SoCalREN Home Upgrade project
  • You have a BPI-BA certified team member (or sub-consultant) for combustion safety testing. Is combustion safety testing a problem? Click here for a list of Testing Service Providers who can do your testing for you.
  • Meet insurance requirements as listed in the Contractor Participation Agreement
  • Submit an IRS Form W-9 to our financial institution so that we can send you
    incentive checks

3. Register at the County of Los Angeles/SoCalREN’s online portal to apply for projects, or provide the information to the account manager who will assist you with the process.

Once that’s done, you can start submitting projects and earning rebates for your customers!

If you are an active Participating Contractor registered with, you do not need to complete any additional paperwork – just register with the online portal to get started.